Thursday, April 17, 2008

S-10/Hyundai Door Handles

S-10/Hyundai Door Handles

The past weekend, Kevin replaced the broken driver’s-side door latch on his truck and we took apart the left rear doordoor on Steph and I’s Hyundai to replace the broken outside handle.

Time: 1 hour/each

Cost: $25/each

Witch-gear: Craftsman socket set, screwdrivers

Level of Difficulty: (What's with the saws?)

What I Learned: Buy your replacement door handles on eBay. I’ve replaced an outside door handle on the Hyundai before, and paid $70 for it at the dealer. I got the same part on eBay for $25.

2 comments:

katian said...

you kids and your obsession with functioning handles... i opened the drivers side door of the bug through the window for 3 years!

Anonymous said...

I have to show this to Nick!! The driver's side door handle on his Civic has been gone for a long time. Thanks for the suggestion of Ebay :) Hope you guys are doing well!